1. Healing – Focus on the promise of hope through Jesus Christ.
2. Spiritual Growth – Boost and accelerate your spiritual journey you go a long way in a short time.
3. Discernment – Hosea 2:14 tells us to come to the desert and pray so He can speak to our hearts.
4. Prioritize – Break the ordinary pattern of daily life by unplugging from television, computers, and cell phones.
5. Transformation – Conform to the image of Christ. ” As often as possible Jesus withdrew to out-of-the-way places for prayer. ” Luke 5:14
6. Rest – Rest body, mind, and soul. Even God rested on the seventh day!
7. Energize – Refresh and renew mind, body, and spirit.
8. Community – Build personal relationships; which will enrich lives and spread through the congregation.
9. Empowerment – “the person who trusts me will bot only do what I’m doing but even greater things, because I, on my way to the Father, am giving you the same work to do that I’ve been doing. You can count on it.” John 14
10. Experience – Seek to encounter God in a new, real and personal way.
When a group takes rime out for a Spiritual refreshment at a retreat, the whole church body benefits!!!